Open Hours: Mon-Sun 8:00AM-9:00PM
Phone Number: 6272 5788
Price Range: 60-100RMB
English Address: 2B, 89 Taixing Road
Chinese Address: 泰兴路89号2B单元
Metro: Line 2 Nanjing Xi Road
What do you mean I can personally customize my own poke bowl? I mean okayyyy, if you insist…
This is Little Catch’s second storefront opening after Little Catch Poke Café on Wulumuqi Road. Chose to hit this location instead of their original to avoid playing musical chairs.
Decided to opt for their customizable bowl. Here’s how it works:
1. Choose a base. Options include furikake rice, grains, salad, ½ rice ½ salad, etc.
2. Choose a seafood. Options include salmon, tuna, shrimp, octopus, scallop or tofu
3. Choose a sauce. Options include Hawaiian (aka soy sauce), Hawaiian wasabi, dynamite, sambal, wasabi mayo, umeboshi soy and ponzu soy
4. Choose four add ons including onion, toasted cashews, fried garlic, tobiko roe and scallions
5. Option of adding veggies including sugar snap peas, wood ear mushrooms, green beans, carrots and shitake mushrooms
My bowl: Salmon sashimi with Hawaiian sauce over a bed of furikake rice. Add ons include onion, toasted cashews, tobiko roe, wood ear mushrooms, carrots, shitake mushrooms and a side of avocado (+10rmb).
While the salmon was undoubtedly fresh, the Hawaiian sauce was a bit too overpowering, making the veggies and rice a bit salty. Next time I will be asking for little to no sauce. Besides that, my bowl was extremely filling and I’ll be back next round for their platter of a dozen oysters.